WELCOME

It's called Rambling in Britain, Bush Walking in Australia, Tramping in NZ and Hiking in America.

Whatever it's called, welcome to my blog which is simply about journeys and life..... It shares stories, tales and thoughts, in prose, verse, photo and video. WALK ON RAMBLER

.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

PLANET WALKER

One of the most interesting things about walking is not just the places that you visit but the visitors you meet.
There is just such an incredible variety of different, strange, odd, interesting, kind, fascinating,boring, funny people who you meet in your travels( and  those descriptions can equally apply to self)
It has always raised my appreciation of human nature for I have always found more goodness than the other in fellow ramblers.

I had thought this blog might re connect with fellow travellers and certainly I have visited and had some contact. I guess I need to be more of a " twitterer" to engage in dialogue and while I have an account I am not a twit..........
Which leads me to this guy who i just read about.
John Francis: Planetwalker
This is a blurb on him
John Francis stopped travelling in cars and began walking wherever he went during the 1970s, often travelling vast distances with a backpack and banjo.
He was prompted by an oil spill in San Francisco Bay in 1971 and by the death of a close friend. He later also took a vow of silence that lasted 17 years.
In that time John walked the United States and completed several degrees including a PhD.
Now John Francis has been in Australia walking the Great Ocean Road for a film being made by Tourism Victoria

He would be an interesting traveller to meet.  Maybe I might be a little apprehensive though.
 
So this is him on the Great Ocean Road

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS