WELCOME

It's called Rambling in Britain, Bush Walking in Australia, Tramping in NZ and Hiking in America.

Whatever it's called, welcome to my blog which is simply about journeys and life..... It shares stories, tales and thoughts, in prose, verse, photo and video. WALK ON RAMBLER

.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

THOUGHTS FOR THE JOURNEY

I have " logged" in journals and notebooks most of my walks and travels.
I have found that I have been drawn to a random collection of verses and quotes which I have recorded.

Placed at the front of of my journals they have seemed to give meaning to the journeys. These are but a few that I particularly like

" I am a part of all that I have met
yet all experience is an arch wherethro
gleams the untravelled world,
whose margin fades
For ever and ever when I move"
Alfred Lord Tennyson
************************
*************************
"To climb the great mountains is to leave the comfort of familiar places
and to challenge the very essence of oneself.
Perhaps there is no greater quest"
Peter Hillary( 20/5/96)
*****************************
**************************
' Life is an adventure or it is nothing'
Helen Keller
******************************
****************
'Not all those who wander are lost'
Tolkien
***********************
**********************
'Whatever you can do
or dream you can
begin it'
Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS